2023 Riding Mountain Artist's Residency, Manitoba Arts Council, Winnipeg, Manitoba
2023 Manitoba Craft Council Victoria Beach Retreat, Manitoba Craft Council, Winnipeg, Manitoba
2024 Upcoming solo exhibit at Mary E. Black Gallery, Centre for Crafts Nova Scotia, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Do you do commissions?
Currently, I am not taking on any commissions.
If you wish to be notified for future bookings, please get in touch by email with some details. Note that you will be entered into a commission contract as well as 25% non-refundable deposit with the remaining 75% due upon completion/your approval. Due to the slow-drying nature of paint medium, the lead time for oil portrait commission may take up to 12 weeks.
Do you have any original paintings available for purchase right now?
All original artwork for sale can be found under available work.
Why are there no original paintings for purchase?
If there are none for sale it means they have all sold, but there are always new works in progress, or some older works may be released to free up my studio space.
What medium do you use?
I use oil on gold-leafed wooden panels. Wooden panels are sanded with 100, 200 and then 400 grid, cleaned and sealed with three coats of sealant. Some panels are stained at this point. Panels are then prepped to receive two layers of gold-leaf, coated after each application. After this some paintings will go through "patina" application, which is a monochrome under-painting achieved by manipulating the copper alloy in the gold-leaf. This, when applied, as it ages, deepens colour, giving a distinctive appearance.
Then I start painting with oil.
I've bought my painting, will it come ready to hang?
Yes. Small paintings can be hung with one nail, whereas larger pieces should be hung with two, to ensure the stability. Wooden panels are surprisingly heavy; please have a friend help you.
I'm in Winnipeg, too! Can I pick up my art?
We can arrange a pick up once the payment is processed.
How much does shipping cost?
It depends on how fast you want your order, and how much you are purchasing. Unfortunately, international shipping is not available at this time. Please refer to individual artwork to see if the shipping cost is included in the price of painting, or if it is separate. Smaller pieces tend to come with shipping included. Larger pieces tend to require shipping charges in addition to the cost of artwork so that 1) artwork is sufficiently packaged, and 2) higher cost of shipping is reflected.
How do you ship your paintings/sculptures?
All paintings are packed very carefully in custom made double walled cardboard boxes with layers of bubble wrap. Any over-sized or delicate artwork will be crated for extra protection. Please note the total weight including the packaging will increase the cost of shipping.
I have placed my order, when should I expect my artwork?
Once you place your order it will be processed and shipped within 3-5 business days, which allows us to package and document the artwork. Once shipped, you will receive an email with your tracking details, delivery takes between 5-7 business days. We use registered post through Canada Post as well as PACART (Canada), FedEx and UPS. All shipments require a signature on delivery.
What if my piece gets lost or damaged?
We document the packaging of artwork with photos and an enclosed condition report, and ship it by registered mail or PACART, FedEx and UPS with a tracking number and insurance. If your piece gets lost or damaged in transit, please contact the courier as soon as possible so they can honour the value of the insured artwork. We would be happy to supply the photos of packaging to help you with your claim.
What if I change my mind?
If you are not satisfied with your piece or just change your mind, we offer a full refund up to 7 days after the day of receipt. Upon contacting us first , kindly return in an original packaging. Please note that you are responsible for the return shipping costs. Once your return is received, a credit will be issued to the credit card used for payment of the original order. Shipping charges will not be refunded.
To avoid the hustle carefully review all the photos of artwork you are considering. We would be happy to provide you with additional images if you deem it necessary. Please note that larger pieces come in heavier/larger packaging, resulting in higher shipping charge.
For example, 48"X48"X1.8" painting on wooden panel weighs 16 lbs, which will weigh up to 50 lbs when crated.
What do I do with the crate or shipping materials after the painting is delivered and I don't need it?
Oh yes, now you are stuck with this bulky mess that protected the artwork from my studio to your home. You can:
1) Take it apart as much as you can and dispose/recycle accordingly , or
2) Ask local artists or galleries if they could re-use one, or
3) Upcycle (make us all proud!).